Monday, December 15, 2008

open my eyes

Freedom is not in options or unlimited resources, true freedom is born out of an eternal perspective which holds the power to cast light on every situation.  The endless pursuit of self fades as the overpowering shine of wisdom and love opens the eyes of your soul to see as God sees, to rest as God rests, to love as God loves.

I hear the knock at my door, the call to come and die, and in the hope of an awakening I see that the frustration of my son crying all night, the endless weight of providing, the colossal pursuit of self is meant to be something else.  All the things of life, all the difficult and easy is meant to open my eyes.  What God sees is offered to us in His Son.  

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."  Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on something.