Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mornings


Some mornings are better than others. Sigh.... This was my fancy breakfast at home. Since I can't go out to breakfast much I spoil myself every once in a while. It was wonderful, but it was followed by 3 dirty diapers in two hours, diaper rash, separation anxiety (aka Jake thinks he has to be within reach of me at all times), and Jake's fall down the two stairs (with a chair) onto our slate floors. Special.

I have come to appreciate more and more my time with God in the mornings before Jake wakes up. Jake woke up at 6:45 this morning which is an hour before his usual. I was so distraught because that meant that I would not have time alone to read and pray. I called Erik upset not understanding why God wouldn't let him sleep longer so I could spend time with Him before the day began. I gave in and went upstairs hoping that he'd calm down and go back to sleep. I held him and told him everything was okay and gave him his beloved security blanket. He slept for another 30 minutes and I was able to spend time with God. Now I realize He did the same for me. I was upset and He held me and told me everything was okay and then I was able to start my day. I can't say that there have been a lot of days when I clearly hear God speaking to me through my quiet time. I am realizing that He is speaking to me throughout the day. This blog is really helping me understand that. I think I've been looking for a revelation through my time with Him. I was looking for a better understanding of His word. He knew that I just needed Him to tell me before the events of the morning began that it was all okay and that He loves me.

Life is good and I very much appreciate the diapers and the woes of motherhood because it is a gift, even on mornings like this one. Thank you Father for ignoring what I want and giving me exactly what I need

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on something.